Monday, February 1, 2010

one month in....






On Saturday Jordan, Tank and I ventured 20 miles south to a little town called Pescadero. We got a burrito at a tiny taqueria that was housed in a gas station and picnicked at Bean Hollow State Beach. We got a lot of great pics of Tank runnin and playin in the sand!

On Sunday we headed north to Berkeley to join Greg and his friends for a potluck. There were about 30 people and as many dishes! Everything from curry soup to lentils and sangria and beet salad. It was awesome!

Tomorrow it will be one month since we left Columbus and started out on this great adventure. We are beyond happy with our new lives. I thoroughly enjoy my work with NFSC. For the first time I feel that my work matches my life purpose, and I am continually challenged and encouraged. NFSC is a non-profit that I am thrilled to be a part of, and proud of the work that they do. They employ smart activism: thinking before doing. They undertake amazing national and international projects, and work to strengthen the horizontal lines of their movement. They are grassroots. They listen to their constituency. They refer to experts in the movement instead of trying to do it themselves. They seek only sustainable models. And they do it all well, really well.

There is still so much to learn, so much to see, and do, and experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment