Tuesday, February 16, 2010

just another day

Just got home from work. My first step was to greet the pup and hubby - then build a fire. I am loving our fireplace! Gonna go to the beach tomorrow and grab some driftwood. Californian's are big into the fake wood - one log burns for 4 hours, but I have found that they don't give off much heat. So now, with the fire roaring, I am chilling on the couch - a couch that our fabulous neighbors gave us. Its 7pm here, but 10 in Ohio and too late to call anyone, so I am feeling a little lonely. Lost is on tonight, and we may head over to C2 to watch it with the designer boys. Last night was Monday- and 24. As we are happily without cable, we watched that with our neighbors. After work, Jordan and I took Tank on a beach walk. He exhausted himself chasing seagulls, then found a friend to play with. After the beach we enjoyed burgers with the neighbors and a friendly game of boggle:) then Jack Bauer.

I spent the day in the city at USF. There are tons of open rooms that we utilize for work as we wait on the completion of our office - which only needs one final inspection, then furniture! It is in a beautiful space with a wall of windows that look out on Pillar Point Beach. I guess working inside isn't soo bad when you have that view.

This week's projects:
calling congressmen/women and setting up appointments for our global advocacy days (March 1-2 in D.C.) updating the underground church network website for freedom Sunday, office furniture, and creating an information packet for the Regional Directors to promote the Stop Paying for Slavery Tour.


That's about all here....Feelin kinda lonely tonight. Not lonely, just missing people to talk to...Tired of meeting strangers and trying to bridge the gap into friendship. I always feel so damn awkward!!! Am I coming across too strong? Tooo needy? Am I showing how cool I really am? Argh! AWKWARD! And then there is the daily awkwardness with staff...making jokes that they don't think are funny, etc. Moving and making a new life can be rough!
Don't get me wrong, we love it here, but finding a community where we belong.....
Anyway, just wanted to write another update....Miss you all. Cant wait for you to visit and to laugh and be at ease...


No comments:

Post a Comment