Saturday, May 1, 2010

a promotion

On Tuesday of this week I sat down with David Batstone and Kique Bazan (one of the co-founders) and was told that they are thrilled with the work that I have been doing, and would like to offer me a full time (paid!) position with Not for Sale beginning July 1, 2010.
This incredible promotion means that I will no longer be the Freedom Store Manager, but the Executive Assistant to Daivd Batstone, and the Fellowship Director.
As most of you know, I had high hopes of one day becoming an official Not for Sale Staff member, but didn't think it would ever happen this soon. I was on cloud nine on Tuesday - I couldn't stop smiling and doing a little dance.
My first real career job. Wow! Needless to say, Jordan and I will now be living in California for a lot longer than we had originally anticipated. We are happy here- we love the open space, the limitless outdoor activites, the beaches, the people, and our jobs.
As always, I am forever grateful to my supportive husband - who was courageous enough to embark on this adventure with me, who always gives me his unending support, and whose love and faithfulness gives me the freedom to follow my dreams.


1 comment:

  1. how exciting, Keturah! I knew once they spent some time with you they would realize the jewel that you are! They are lucky to have you long term, and I'm so thankful you have found a place where you are making a difference and seeing it. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete