Wednesday, May 19, 2010

babies...


Man, I really gotta get into the habit of posting on this more often. So, I just returned from a weekend visit in Texas with Deidre and Alex. They are expecting the very first grandchild in our immediate family, and everyone is thrilled! I am thrilled to be an aunt, but even more excited to see the next generation of "Schroeders"...

My thoughts on being a mom....
You know, I have never been the woman that always talks about having kids, has always wanted to have kids, dreams about kids, etc. It's not that I DON'T want kids....It's just that, right now, I don't really WANT them. I still feel so cuss young! There is still so much I want to do, explore, be. I guess I am handicapped by the perspective that kids hold you back. And I know that I really need to get over that one. But...how do you travel the world with kids? How do you explore mountains and valleys with kids? How do you build a career with kids? Kids limit spontaneity, and have a bad (or good depending on how you look at it) way of changing your dreams. And I am just not ready for my dreams to be changed.
On the other hand, I definitely do not want to grow old and die childless. Not because I WANT to procreate and create a lil me and a lil Jordan...But because there is something to be said about the NEXT generation -
But I just don't quite know how to say it.




1 comment:

  1. bah who ever said you can't take babies with you, and include them in your dreams? i would have wanted to travel the world, and explore mountains, and valleys as a child! just because they limit other people's spontaneity doesn't mean they have to limit yours.

    at the same time i totally understand. i'm not ready at all yet.

    the new pictures are great, and that's a cool picture of Deidre.

    ReplyDelete