Saturday, February 2, 2013

So much to be thankful for

 After our trek, visit to Machu Picchu and Jordan's epic LAPT-Peru tournament, we flew home for Thanksgiving. After living so far away from our loved ones for the past few years, these holidays are treasured moments. The highlight was seeing my two adorable nieces, Skylar and Aleli. Skylar is a robust child, full of energy, life, and spunk. She is also, by far, the most stubborn child I have ever met! Aleli is more laid back. She takes in her environment, analyzing her surroundings with the most beautiful blue eyes you have ever seen. But then, all of a sudden, her face will light up with a gorgeous, heart-breaking grin. It's amazing to watch my siblings - now parenting with patience, grace, and above all, laughter. Spending these few precious days with my family fills my heart with pride, joy, love, and gratitude. I can only hope that when its Jordan's and my turn to become parents, we have 1/10 the character, wisdom, and fortitude as Deidre and Alex and Jesse and Kellye.  





No comments:

Post a Comment